Welcome

Welcome, dear commoners, to my special, HISTORICAL, place of learned notings; i.e my ramblings :)

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

My Favourite Spot

Imperial War Museum, London



This is the entrance to the Imperial War Museum in central London,United Kingdom, where it's like everything comes alive, all the happenings during war grouped into one amazing place. It is by far my most favourite spot - as I stand in front of the entrance, I anticipate what wonders lie behind the huge antique doors.

This museum is my favourite place because I love history, and what happens behind the scenes at world wars and revolutions is rediscovered here. You can walk around, smelling what old subs smelled like, hunker down to sleep in a remake of a bed a sailor would have had, shoot blanks from guns while hiding in a stinky trench, experience a bombing during the blitz, wear Hitler's clothes, and learn about the holocaust intensely.This is what makes it special; a whole world inside one building.

Other people should visit this place because even if you don't enjoy history particularly, it will all come alive in this museum, and Social Studies class will never be the same again - because you'll have experienced it all, in your mind, first hand.

4 comments:

  1. Wow it does sound like a very interesting place! I never heard of this place but after reading it I feel like i really want to go there :) I am also interested in learning about "behind the scenes" of wars. But I have a question does this museum have information about wars that are only with London or other places?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! I would love to go to that museum.As always your piece of writing was full of rich words.Great job! :)
    P.S:If I misspelled something please tell me.Have a good weekend Sam!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, Amit, the great thing about the imperial war museum is that it covers history ALL OVER THE WORLD. Isn't that amazing? All in one building? Though it is quite a big building:)

    ReplyDelete